Central American domains: USA (.us)
US Domain Name Check: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the US domain type, ie. “us”. Therefore to search “www.nominate.us” enter “nominate” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register search for its availabilty in the box above and then buy domain names.
Once the domain is registered
All US domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for US domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but Nominate make no charge to transfer a domain to another US domain name registrar.
Background".us" is the official country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United States
The ".us" top-level domain (usTLD) was established in 1985 as the official country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United States. Today the ccTLD ".us" is administered by NeuStar.
Due to the strong patritism that exist through out America a lot of businesses use ".us" domain names to promote themselves as being American. This inspires the american consumers confidence and hence encourages them to "buy American". Market research has also shown that ".us" names are very popular with consumers for applications like email and personal web sites and digital identity. ".us" domain names are available to citizens or permanent residents of the United States of America (any possessions or territories of the United States of America). Organisations incorporated in the USA can also register ".us" domain names. Government and public interest organizations use .US addresses to enable citizen-centric e-Gov applications and to serve the needs of the American people.
Foreign organisations who have a genuine presence in the USA (or its' possessions or territories) can also register under ".us", this includes a local office or branch.
The registry ask for certain items of information which together form "Nexus Values", (See bottom of the page for more detailed information) these basically catagorise the class of the registrant applying for the domain name. This separates a company from an individual, and a USA citizen from a foreign organisation with a US presence. If you are based outside of the USA, you need to provide your country of citizenship.
Today any U.S. citizen or resident, as well as any business or organization, including federal, state, and local government with a bona fide presence in the United States can register a ".us" domain name.
To be more clear, in order to register a ".us" domain name one of the following eligibility requirements needs to be met:
• "Any entity or organization that is incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or any of its possessions or territories."
• "An entity or organization (including federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States. See Section B.3.1 of the NeuStar proposal to the Department of Commerce for details concerning what constitutes a 'bona fide presence'."
• "A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or"
In order to register a ".us" domain the follwing information will have to be provided. (Please note that this is the minimum required information and aditionall information might have to be added in certain cases):
• The prefered domain name;
• The name and postal address of the domain name Registrant;
• The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone number, and (where available) fax number of the name holder and technical contact for the name registered;
• The IP address and corresponding names of the name servers for the registered name (both primary and secondary);
• The Registrar name and URL or, where appropriate, the identity of the delegated manager under whom the name is registered;
• The creation date and term of the registration; Nexus Category 1
A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions.
• Statement of citizenship or legal permanent residency required. If not completed, registration will be rejected.
Nexus Category 2
A United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories, or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States).
Nexus Category 3
A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories.
• Applicant must state country of citizenship.
• Applicant must also (1) regularly engage in lawful activities (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit activities) in the United States; or (2) maintain an office or other property within the United States.
- Population is estimated to be 305,492,000 people
- Gross Domestic Product is $13.794 trillion US Dollars
- Languages recognised in the USA are English
Nominate providing domain name checks & international domain names since 1997